The elusive Kermode bear, otherwise known as the ‘spirit bear’, is a must-see for wildlife enthusiasts wanting to tick all of Canada’s more unique animals off their list. A rare subspecies of the American black bear, these magnificent, white bears are the provincial mammal of British Columbia.
This brilliant four-night tour gives you ample opportunity to see the gorgeous spirit bears in their natural habitat, catching salmon from streams and lazing in the sunshine by a trickling estuary. Staying at Spirit Bear lodge, your days will be spent tracking nearby spirit bears, as well as choosing from a range of other excursions, including kayaking, enjoying cultural First Nations tours, walking through rainforests, whale watching and enjoying educational evening entertainment.
An ecotourism venture owned and operated by the Kitasoo/Xai’xais First Nations people, Spirit Bear Lodge is a charming and welcoming hotel nestled along the waterfront in British Columbia’s verdant Great Bear Rainforest.
There are only 12 rooms altogether, making for a quiet and secluded stay. With architecture paying homage to the traditional long houses built by West Coast First Nations over thousands of years, the interiors have a cosy cabin vibe, with every room offering gorgeous ocean or forest views from the floor-to-ceiling windows.
Inspired by the First Nations heritage, Spirit Bear Lodge encapsulates the natural wilderness and the peoples’ welcoming and friendly spirit, and this five-day tour will introduce you to the wonderful spirit bears that make this verdant area their home. If you would like to add another tour, a few days in Vancouver or some time in and around Vancouver island, then we will be happy to tailormake a quote for you.
- See the elusive spirit bear in its natural habitat
- Spot a number of other beautiful animals, including humpback whales, dolphins, sea lions and grizzlies
- Enjoy evening entertainment that will educate you on Great Bear Forest and the First Nations
- Enjoy a number of full day and half day grizzly tracking tours
- Choose from an array of excellent excursions, including kayaking, rainforest trekking, and whale watching
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- CAR licensed & bonded
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- No amendment fees
- Low deposits