A richly varied flydrive itinerary that begins and ends in Whitehorse, you will travel off the beaten track and discover the beauty and history of the Yukon – described as the last pristine wilderness areas left on earth. This itinerary takes you in the footsteps of the pioneers - in 1896, a few prospectors discovered gold along a creek near Dawson City, triggering the Klondike Gold Rush. Within two years thousands of miners had struggled over the mountains through the Chilkoot Pass, built boats by hand and floated them northward down the Yukon River to Dawson City.
You will visit charming and unique Dawson City, where you will have the opportunity to pan for gold and enjoy saloon bars and stores of a bygone age. On a visit to the Kluane National Park you will discover pristine lakes and forests with hiking trails which are seldom rambled. Take a ferry across the Yukon River and journey along the aptly named Top of the World Highway. Throughout this self-drive tour, you will discover unique communities, extraordinary landscapes and fascinating history.
- Travel the Alaska Highway into the interior of the Yukon and discover unique experiences en route, such as the “Signpost Forest” at Watson Lake and the First Nations Daku Cultural Centre in Haines Junction
- Enjoy time in Dawson City, where you can take a walking tour through the historical buildings with period actors, experience gold-panning and have fun at Diamond Tooth Gerties Gambling Hall
- Visit Bonanza Creek, centre of the Klondike Gold Rush, with two designated National Historic Sites of Canada - Discovery Claim and Dredge 4
- Explore the spectacular Kluane National Park, where you will find snow-capped mountains, glaciers, lakes and forests
- This holiday is available from late May to early September, where the days in this northern territory are long and perfect for a touring adventure. This is the land of the Midnight Sun – where on the summer solstice 21 June, the sun doesn’t set above the Arctic Circle.
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- CAR licensed & bonded
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- No amendment fees
- Low deposits