Clayoquot Wilderness Resort
Full Board 4 nights from €5,135 per person
Surrounded on all sides by staggering natural beauty, Clayoquot Wilderness Retreat offers an unforgettable holiday in a secluded corner of western Canada. This is a true ‘glamping’ experience with luxurious white canvas tents serving as your accommodation.
If you enjoy the great outdoors this is an incredible opportunity to see Canada’s iconic wildlife and enjoy an all-inclusive break. There is a great range of daily trips and activities available including everything from walking trails and horse rides to kayaking and whale watching. Your schedule is designed around you and your preferences, so you always feel you’re making the most of your time at the resort.
This stunning boutique hideaway truly offers the experience of an African safari lodge in the beautiful British Columbia wilderness. With a dining focus on local produce as well as a tranquil spa, there’s also plenty of relaxation to be had in your downtime.
Travel inspiration: We visit Vancouver Island’s most crowd-pleasing parks, including Strathcona, Juan de Fuca and Cape Scott - each of which deliver a unique connection with nature.
The resort is based on the western side of Vancouver Island offering access to the stunning wilderness that makes British Columbia famous. At the heart of the forest, you’ll be able to explore the surroundings for incredible experiences including wildlife viewing, rock climbing, kayaking and fishing.
- You can take a 45-minute floatplane flight from Vancouver, or if you depart from Tofino on Vancouver Island you can take a 30-minute boat transfer – either way you’ll enjoy stunning views.
There is a total of 20 luxury tents, all featuring:
- Spacious interior
- Wood stove
- Full-size day bed
- Oil lamps
- Antique dresser
The following tent types are available:
- Deluxe Outpost Tent – with a queen-size bed, a private flush toilet outside the tent and a private shower in the nearby shower house
- Luxury Ensuite Bathroom Tent – these tents feature a king-size bed as well as a full en-suite bathroom with a flush toilet and indoor/outdoor shower, sleeping a maximum of five including smaller children sharing with parents
- The resort’s restaurant is run by Executive Chef Ryan Orr who oversees a menu drawing on local produce
- The resort is all inclusive so you’ll have breakfast, lunch, dinner and all drinks included in the price
- Healing Grounds Spa offering treatments and therapies
- Archery range
- Horse rides
- Mountain bikes
- Clay shooting