Fogo Island Inn
from €815 per person per night
The extraordinary Fogo Island Inn is situated on a small island which in turn is situated off the island of Newfoundland. Fogo Island itself has been described as “not so much a place as a state of mind”, and here you will find warm hospitality set amongst the bright-coloured clapboard houses and rugged coastline. Its unique structure offers unparalleled views of Iceberg Alley, and all 29 suites feature floor-to-ceiling windows opening onto the ocean. This uniqueness is underlined, by the fact that this boutique hotel is operated as a social business and 100% of operating surpluses are reinvested into the community.
Fogo Island Inn mixes contemporary design with traditional materials and décor, with natural wood floors featuring in-floor heating. You will have access to the Inn’s bicycles and weather gear to explore the island. And on your return you will find Newfoundland books to browse and array of creature comforts. The only plastic in the guest rooms is the telephone and the only sound you’ll hear is that of the ocean.
The public building is also home to the Fogo Island Cinema as well as the island’s Art Gallery. There is a gym, a lounge and bar, roof-top sauna and hot tubs on the terrace. The award-winning dining room features new-Newfoundland cuisine.
Located on the island of Fogo, just off the north coast of Newfoundland
- Take the ferry from Farewell to Fogo Island
- 4.5 hours drive from St. John’s airport to the Farwell ferry
- 1 hour drive from Gander to the Farewell ferry
Newfoundland Suites are for up to two people and are located on floors 3 and 4, featuring:
- Either double or twin beds
- Floor to ceiling windows
- Wood stove
- Reading chair
- Natural fibre beds
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Bathroom amenities
- Dining - Exquisite fine dining restaurant, with an ever changing menu of locally sourced, grown and foraged ingredients
- Fourth floor roof deck with wood-fired saunas and outdoor hot tubs
- Stunning dining room with spectacular ocean views
- Lounge and bar with occasional live music
- Library with extensive collection of Newfoundland fiction and non-fiction books
- Art Gallery featuring work by artists and curators who have participated in the Fogo Island Arts international residency programme
- 37 seat cinema in partnership with The National Film Board of Canada