Fly to Winnipeg. Meet your guide and group at a brief orientation. Overnight at Four Points by Sheraton airport hotel or similar.
Early morning flight to Churchill with breakfast. Depart for town and area tour, and visit to Eskimo Museum. Evening visit to Parks Canada Interpretive Center. All meals included.
Overnight in Churchill at Tundra Inn or similar.
Free time to explore Churchill at your leisure. Afternoon dog sled program. Transfer to Buggy Launch and begin your exciting trip to the Tundra Buggy Lodge. Enjoy a slow trek to the lodge. Providing opportunity to view, photograph, and learn about Polar Bears, other arctic wildlife and the environment. All meals included.
Overnight Tundra Buggy Lodge.
Your next two days will be spent out on the tundra. After breakfast, you will head out on the Tundra Buggy, away from the Lodge, searching for Polar Bears and other wildlife. Evenings will be spent enjoying delicious home cooked meals, watching video/slide presentations and socializing. Watch the night sky for Northern Lights (weather permitting). Overnight Tundra Buggy Lodge.
After breakfast, the group will depart the lodge, participating on the last Tundra Buggy expedition, meandering slowly along the way. Upon arrival at launch, you will be transferred directly to the airport. Evening flight back to Winnipeg with onboard dinner. Overnight at Four Points by Sheraton airport hotel or similar.
Depart Winnipeg at leisure for your flight home
Arrive back home
- All flights and transportation throughout the Tour
- Meals included where stated above
- Accommodation as listed above or similar
- Full range of activities throughout the tour to include:
- Churchill and Area Tour: A guided bus tour of local and historical points of interest surrounding Churchill, including such attractions as Cape Merry, Port of Churchill and Manitoba Conservation’s Polar Bear Holding Facility (weather permitting).
- Dog Sledding: Hosted by a local resident and dog sledding expert, you will learn about the history associated with dog sledding in Northern Canada. Enjoy an exhilarating ride behind a strong team of huskies on a custom-made sled (or cart, weather permitting). Join the musher’s for hot chocolate and freshly made bannock after your ride and share their personal stories of their dog sledding adventures.
- Eskimo Museum: The museum contains one of Canada’s finest collections of Inuit carvings, kayaks and artifacts dating from pre- Dorset, Dorset, Thule, and modern Inuit times.
- Interpretive Transfer: During transfer from port of entry to your accommodations, receive guided interpretation of route-side points of interest from friendly and knowledgeable drivers.
- Interpretive-Guided Tundra Buggy Adventure: The best way to experience an intimate encounter with a wild polar bear is on an authentic Tundra Buggy. All of the Tundra Buggies are furnished with dual-pane frost-free windows and contain propane heating systems that closely resemble a cozy fireplace, with real flame (behind glass). Each day, we depart early and board the world famous Tundra Buggies looking for polar bears and other wildlife out on the tundra. You will enjoy picnic style lunches and refreshments while you are bear watching.
- Parks Canada Interpretive Centre: Walk back in time viewing detailed and exciting wildlife dioramas, fur trade exhibits. View a series of videos on the history, culture and wildlife of the area. You leave chock-full of natural and historical information from the Churchill region.